Love,

'Where are you?' He calls to me, 'my dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hiding places on the mountainside,
Show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely'
I blush at the last part, He thinks my face is lovely.
I long to run out to Him, cry 'here I am' with a happy grin on my face, as I fling my arms around His neck, in abandon, and let Him twirl me around in His arms.
Trust. I have trust issues.

I'm so in love I can taste the saltiness in my mouth, my heart does a happy dance when I think of how much I'm in love.
And everyday He shows His love for me, bringing little gifts that render me teary eyed and grateful. He loves me. My heart still does not understand it fully.

Ours is a broken love story. I love so much, the rivers within me rise up majestically when I think of Him, ready to overflow. But I push the waves back, afraid to be overwhelmed. And He loves so much, me. Little, silly me. He loves me. So much to accept me the way I am, yet too much to not let me stay this way.

'So teach me' I whisper to Him, 'how to show my love for you. Heal me, so I can trust in you completely' because I long to love Him fully, openly, shamelessly and completely.
And He chases after me. Searches for me, and when He finds me, peacefully sits by me and gently lavishes His love on me. Even after I've been gone, He welcomes me back with joy in His heart, peace in His arms and love in His smile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

©inthequiett. Powered by Blogger.